Let’s make a show together.
For the next couple weeks I invite you to send me phone recordings from wherever you are. From where you are sheltering in place, or quarantining, or just waiting for school to open. You can talk about anything, but here are some questions you could choose from if you like….
- What does the room look like where you’re spending most of your time? In detail?
- What did you eat for breakfast this morning? Have your thoughts about food changed at all?
- What’s your experience in your local grocery store right now? A week ago? Or any store you want to talk about?
- How are you getting along with your family, or the people you’re with? Anything new you’ve learned about them since living in closer quarters more of the time?
- What are you afraid of?
- Given what a massive change this has been, what is happening in your life that you NEVER could’ve imagined two weeks ago?
- Sing a song. Or hum a song. It doesn’t have to be pretty.
- Record ambience of a dinner conversation or a dinner alone. Narrate a cooking project.
- Record sounds! Any sounds. Of your house…of your walks, of the place where you are.
It’s weird recording to yourself. Every single time I have ever recorded by myself, usually in my closet, it is weird and hard. Weird and hard is fine.
I really hope you’ll join me in this. I want to make a show about all of us.
You can send me any and all recordings at email@example.com