1. Charlie Tipper
    Charlie Tipper June 28, 2018 at 12:28 pm | | Reply

Did you know… I Loved this. Love Leland. Loved the White Throated Sparrow song throughout.

2. walden s, morton
    walden s, morton June 28, 2018 at 3:04 pm | | Reply

Leland you are having a terrific life in the Vermont woods !
    so great, being out there with buddies…and PORCUPINES !

Hope you do this kind of thing always …

Denney Morton over in Maine..

3. Linda
    Linda June 29, 2018 at 12:33 am | | Reply

Leland, it’s nice to get an update on you again. I hope you all have fun doing the survivor competition.

4. Peg Tassey
    Peg Tassey June 29, 2018 at 8:21 am | | Reply

Balm for the soul! Leland you rock! I feel the same way you do about crowds and trees. And I did NOT know all those cool things about Geography, thank you for enlightening me! I hope to hear how the Survivor challenge went. Sounds so fun! Have a great Summer!

Peg in Calais

5. sarah miller
    sarah miller June 29, 2018 at 3:54 pm | | Reply

hi erica i just gave you 10 a month. would like to encourage all others with any means (mine are modest as you know, but i am an avid listener, so i owe you) to do the same.

6. Michael McLure
    Michael McLure July 3, 2018 at 12:31 pm | | Reply

Leland I’m very impressed by your willingness to do the wilderness challenge. I don’t know many boys your age that would be eager to do all the work and put up with all the discomforts of living outside for 5 days. I hope you see lots of critters and have a memorable experience!

7. Jess K
    Jess K August 14, 2018 at 9:24 am | | Reply

Wow, cool thoughts captured here by the “woodsman”… My husband also loves fire and doesn’t really know why. Maybe you are a viking… I teach in PA and many 8th graders here are way too concerned with tv and their phones to ever appreciate the wonders of the woods. Glad you discovered it for yourself. Next steps… Learning how to forage your own edible foods straight from the earth! (So that you don’t have to rely on… ramen noodle! Great show!

8. Annie
    Annie August 24, 2018 at 9:58 pm | | Reply

This is one of my favorite episodes. Leland is such a charismatic and intelligent young man. I love that he enjoys being out in Nature so much. I hope to hear more from him in the future!