1. Brian Clark
    Brian Clark March 21, 2018 at 8:32 am | | Reply

It strikes me that these kinds of conversations are closely associated with below zero temps and big snowfalls after the calendar implies that it’s Spring. Most people around here love Winter, but at some point one does think about warmer days ahead. Obviously life’s annoyances are a year round distraction but we all seem to hear more about them in weather like this.

2. sarah miller
    sarah miller March 21, 2018 at 10:59 am | | Reply

i love this story

3. Deb Fleischman
    Deb Fleischman March 21, 2018 at 3:14 pm | | Reply

I so appreciate the concept for this subversively humorous addition to Rumble Strip and so relieved it’s called, “Problems,” and not “First World Problems,” the catch-all for anything not worthy of comparison to the god-awful things happening in this world at any given moment. I just watched Brad’s Status, which admittedly is a bad movie starring Ben Stiller, about a middle age dad who is ashamed of career in the non-profit world as compared with his college buddies’ financial success stories. And when he speaks honestly about his loss of idealism to a beautiful Indian student at Harvard, whose goal is to work for Amnesty International, she predictably makes some reference to poor Indians living on two dollars a day and tacks “First World” onto his problems, devaluing them like a rotten cantaloupe. But Pam and Joel’s “whining” about failing bathroom grout and classroom snack buckets is a refreshing glimpse into all the not-worthy-for-prime-time, daily, fundamentally important stuff that make up our lives, conversations, and relationships. And yes, being behind a slow driver who won’t pull over. It’s the stuff of Seinfeld. And I for one can relate.

4. Tal McThenia
    Tal McThenia March 21, 2018 at 10:25 pm | | Reply

This is a cunning riot. I adore how these two friends “help” each other with their problems, until they both just get tired of it and peter out. What petty miseries will they chew over next? And please, a cameo from feral River: no one is listening to River!

5. Kelly Green
    Kelly Green March 22, 2018 at 9:31 am | | Reply

This is genius. I have so many problems.

6. Miriam Bernardo
    Miriam Bernardo March 22, 2018 at 12:30 pm | | Reply

I love this installment of RumbleStrip. In listening to this, I felt like I was on the phone with them. I hear them on all of their problems and found it all amusing, real, raw and totally personal and relatable at the same time.
    I too feel like biting when I’m not being heard and have also called grout “fucking grout!” .