1. Dick Heilman
    Dick Heilman February 15, 2015 at 7:54 pm | | Reply

This struck a special chord with me. Apart from the fact that Erica is my daughter, I had a sister named Binny- surely not a very common name for a doll or a sister.
    Even better, my grandfather (Erica’s great grandfather) stuffed a Barnegat Bay (NJ) Blow fish that I had caught while fishing with him in the early 1940’s. The fish, delivered home with lots of others in a pail, was eaten by both my grandparents (Now long dead) and me after which he stuffed it for / with me using fishing line for suture material and shoe buttons from his childhood -circa 1870’s for the eyes.
    Talk about auras (aurae ? ).
    It looks out at from a bedside book shelf.
    For those who wonder how you can eat and later stuff a blow fish, felt by people who know way too little about such things to be poisonous, a small incision is made and the fish is turned inside out, saving the tough, scale free skin to be filled with cotton. The edible part of the fish, delivered from the incision is the meal.

2. michael chorney
    michael chorney February 15, 2015 at 9:09 pm | | Reply

Wondrous, delightful and a great hit of warmth in winter. Big wow!

3. Joanne
    Joanne February 15, 2015 at 11:13 pm | | Reply

I love the intimacy of this audio. It’s such a great, vicarious listen. And she put to words a feeling about a kind of love I wouldn’t have been able to describe. Thank you….keep going!

4. Flor
    Flor February 16, 2015 at 11:07 am | | Reply

I still have my favorite childhood stuff friend! I let the kids have it for a little bit, then realized I had to take it back. It didn’t have the same meaning for them. I needed to make sure he was safe and loved and most important, not lost. I had not thought of him in this ‘particular’ stuffed friend way. I will have to send you a picture. Happy friendship day to you!

5. Kelly Green
    Kelly Green February 15, 2016 at 9:28 pm | | Reply

I gave all of my stuffed friends to a judge. He gave them to the kids who came to his court because they were abused or neglected. I cried when I left them at the courthouse. I think it was then that the judge and I became each other’s biggest fans, but I’m still sad.

6. Ed Kennedy
    Ed Kennedy December 31, 2017 at 1:59 pm | | Reply

I am a Guardian ad Litem with the Caledonia Court. It was probably not the same judge but one day I was with my GAL Ward, an 8 year old girl who was given a small teddy bear in the courtroom. She then had to leave for the hearing. When I came out of the courtroom she was in the hall clutching her friend. Have you named him yet ? I asked. Yes she replied. His name is ‘Hello Bear’ I thought this was the perfect name when she woke in the morning he was there. When she came home from school, he was there and her greeting was perfect for the occasion.