1. Kristina Stykos
    Kristina Stykos November 10, 2014 at 10:49 pm | | Reply

I’m still wondering what you did do with your arms & how it turned from a nightmare into a success & if that can be explained I will certainly recommend your performance technique – great little piece highlighting familiar turf! … k

2. Mike
    Mike November 13, 2014 at 12:14 pm | | Reply

As the “Mike” referenced in the piece, I want to say (1) I am sorry I unwittingly put you through such torment and (2) you rock for choosing to rock rather than exit stage left. Because you’re right, we did rock.

3. Deb Fleischman
    Deb Fleischman November 13, 2014 at 7:07 pm | | Reply

Moving and spare. Really well written, spoken, and produced.

4. Hilton
    Hilton November 13, 2014 at 7:08 pm | | Reply

Erica, this is magnificent. Social courage is the toughest courage. Most people would rather have a root canal than risk looking stupid.

Having been in a kind of experimental band that got booed and yelled at and occasionally physically attacked, I have to say that maintaining that we were cool and the naysayers were idiots was character building. We persevered and developed rabid fans. It’s all about manifesting absolute conviction.

I’m glad you rocked, but I’m not surprised. Henry should be proud.

5. Heather
    Heather November 14, 2014 at 12:59 am | | Reply

Erica, I loved your story. It was so crisp and clean and engaging. Thanks so much for sharing it.

6. Tamar Cole
    Tamar Cole November 14, 2014 at 5:46 am | | Reply

Great story. No surprise. All your shows are engaging, intelligent, moving, brave, and entertaining. Let’s get you broadcast on National Public Radio so that a larger audience can have the opportunity to hear your wonderful work. How do we do that? Anyone?

7. Julie Weatherston
    Julie Weatherston December 5, 2014 at 4:00 pm | | Reply

rock on E!

8. Charlie
    Charlie January 24, 2015 at 11:02 am | | Reply

Erika- My first rumble listen. It comes as no surprise to find you walking with courage and conviction, and attending for us all to their enduring, paradoxical marriage with shared fears and hesitations. Thank you.