1. Stacey
    Stacey July 10, 2014 at 11:38 am | | Reply

Well… he doesn’t have a pulse. Really.

I don’t believe in the supernatural. But I’m starting to be persuaded.

2. Steve Rand
    Steve Rand July 11, 2014 at 8:09 am | | Reply

Mr. Porter nailed it rather eloquently.

3. Hilton
    Hilton July 13, 2014 at 4:06 pm | | Reply

The joke is that Cheney has also accused Obama of shooting one of Cheney’s friends in the face with a shotgun.

Evil is a tough question. When we consider materialistic determinism, genetics, childhood indoctrination and psychiatric disorders, what do we have left? It is a combination of things: Reasonable (not clairvoyant) foreknowledge of consequences, an understanding of basic, common moral standards, mental competence, lack of ambiguity, the possibility of alternative actions, and persistence. We tend to forgive the mentally ill, the developmentally disabled, the culturally ignorant, people trapped in dangerous situations, and children. We tend to judge singular crimes of impulse less harshly.

To sum, does the person in question have the capability of moral action? Does the person persistently act otherwise? Are the acts in question definitively and extremely outside the bounds of moral behavior? Cheney and Murdoch win the trifecta.

Good call, Robby, and well said.

4. John
    John July 13, 2014 at 11:20 pm | | Reply

I dont what dick Cheney is, but I can tell you for sure that he is not the devil. Evil does exist and has existed on this earth since it’s creation. I listened to your commentary and I have to wonder are you really that blind. For a man that has been educated, you sound like a whiner! Grow up and realize what’s really going on.

5. PS
    PS September 9, 2014 at 9:23 am | | Reply

Thanks Robby for telling us the scary truth in a thoughtful, honest, personal, and unique way.
    When shown us the worst of humanity, we’re required to show our best. If not, it only makes room for more of the worsts. Living is an act of conscious action rather than passive acceptance.
    No room for cowards today. Robby is no coward, and he knows what’s going on. Speak up – loudly, widely!

6. Dave
    Dave August 1, 2016 at 10:35 am | | Reply

I wonder what the contributor thinks of Donald Trump’s current devisiveness?